In Australia, you may have heard the term UPVC before when wishing to improve your home and looking for new upvc double glazing, or upvc sliding doors. For those out there who don’t know what it stands for, UPVC stands for Un-Plasticised Poly Vinyl Chloride. UPVC frames, unlike wood, are rot proof and don’t decay, and don’t even rust.
With regards to aluminium, it’s true that it does not rust, but it does corrode, especially in the bitter conditions seen in some corners of Australia and also aluminium is not really that cheap.
Let’s take a peek at some of the UPVC’s advantages:
- Top quality upvc windows in Australia require very little maintenance and don’t biologically deteriorate.
- It is light, strong, long-lasting, and can stand up to a strong impact.
- It keeps its shape at natural temperatures and is immune to all kinds of weathers, plus, contains a special compound which gives it a nice smooth, glossy finish and guarantees that it will keep its wonderful appearance.
- It is different from other thermoplastics that are entirely derived from oil. UPVC is made from 57% salt and only 43% oil, giving it some extra exclusive technical properties and helps to promote unbeatable value.
- This also means that upvc windows and doors will never warp or need re-painting.
- UPVC windows also use less primary energy in their making than any other commodity plastics, and can easily be re-melted at hot temperatures, making them perfect as a great sustainable and recyclable material.
- UPVC includes stabilizing agents that stop ultraviolet sun rays from fading the frame over time.
And When Used with Double Glazing
- Energy efficient double glazing will save you around $200 on your yearly energy bills and helps the environment by less fuel usage, meaning that you’ll be more eco-friendly.
- Double glazing easily provides a warmer, cosier and more enjoyable home.
- Having UPVC windows fitted will see a reduction in heat loss through windows and make for fewer cold spots and draughts.
- Top quality upvc windows cost no more than other window treatments,
- Peace and quiet is another big extra with UPVC windows and doors and is the ideal solution for a reduction in outside noise providing your home with a noticeably more relaxed feeling.
- Energy efficient double glazing windows will eventually pay for themselves by way of lower heating and cooling costs in just a couple of years. Also, when you include improved comfort and appearance, UPVC double glazing windows are an investment that every home can certainly benefit from.
So, as anyone reading the above can see, the advantages of using UPVC double glazing are a must for anybody who’s thinking of replacing their old windows, or building a new home.
Just ask anyone who has them fitted, why they had them fitted in the first place and how much difference it has made to their home. And may you and your lovely home indeed prosper!